Despite using your at-home teeth whitening kits from the store, your smile doesn’t seem to be getting brighter. Between your friend’s wedding next week and the family reunion coming up, you were hoping to have a whitened smile for all those pictures. So, you begin to wonder, how can you make that happen? Teeth whitening in Union City may be the answer to getting your wedding-photo-ready smile for next week! Learn more about what stains your enamel below and how teeth whitening can get your smile in tip-top shape.
What Causes Your Teeth To Turn Yellow?
If your teeth are turning yellow, the best place to start is figuring out what’s causing it. Discoloration can be caused by certain foods you’re eating as well as by bad habits. Some factors that may be contributing to your stained smile include:
- Consuming certain foods and drinks like red wine, coffee, black tea, dark soda, berries, and tomato sauce. These products can soak into your enamel and cause staining.
- Using tobacco is one of the top causes of a yellow smile. By quitting and keeping up on brushing twice a day and flossing, you could keep your teeth from being more discolored.
- Certain medical conditions or treatments could also be the cause of your yellowing teeth. Patients who are going through chemotherapy or are on medications for asthma or high blood pressure will often notice their smile getting discolored.
- Poor oral hygiene habits are another common cause of a yellowing smile. So be sure to brush and floss regularly to keep your oral health in peak condition. It’s also good to notice that sometimes yellowing teeth can just happen with age.
To get your teeth back on track, professional teeth whitening options may be the fastest and easiest way to do that.
How Can Professional Teeth Whitening Help Your Smile?
Teeth whitening works in a similar way to when you wash your light laundry with a little bit of bleach. Your enamel absorbs color from richly-pigmented foods and drinks. To prevent them from staying on your teeth forever, you need to remove them before they soak deeper into your teeth.
The most effective way to do this is by having a professional bleaching solution applied to your teeth. There are two convenient ways that you could get your teeth whitened by your dentist:
- At-Home— if you aren’t able to work your schedule around your dentist’s business hours, at-home treatments may be the best for you. You’ll receive custom-created trays to ensure that you get each of your teeth covered. You’ll also receive a special bleaching gel that will provide you with great results. Although this option takes about two weeks, it’s perfect for the busy-scheduled commuter that may not have enough time in their day to take off work.
- In-Office— these treatments are fast-acting, and you’ll have the results you want in about an hour, depending on the severity of your discoloration. A professional-grade bleaching gel is used and activated by a special light shined onto your mouth.
Stop investing your money in teeth whitening kits from the grocery store that aren’t giving you the results you’re looking for. Instead, beef up your smile by getting your teeth professionally whitened by your cosmetic dentist in Union City to stop your teeth from becoming increasingly more yellow.
About the Author
Dr. Dinesh Patel enjoys taking care of each patient that walks through his doors as an individual by developing specific treatment plans and understanding their needs. He offers professional teeth whitening for adults to achieve the dazzling smile they dream of. He knows that healthy and bright smiles go a long way when it comes to self-confidence and wants everybody to be proud to show off their teeth. For any questions or to schedule an appointment, visit his Summit Family Dentistry’s website or contact 819-923-4510.